The Brummbär is a 15cm howitzer-toting assault tank (Sturmpanzer). It was built on the reliable and versatile Pz.Kpfw. IV chassis. It was ordered by Hitler himself, and produced in various incarnations from April 1943 to March 1945. The most numerous was the late production variant depicted by this model. It used the Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf.J chassis and had a simplified boxy fighting compartment with an extrusion on the top-left to house a machine gun. In a losing battle, its dedicated Assault Tank Battalions fought in Hungary and the former Czechoslovakia.
About the Model
• This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• The powerful form of a late production Brummbär is expertly recreated, from the versatile Pz.Kpfw. IVchassis to the boxy fighting compartment.
• Elevation and traverse movement are provided by the massive main gun.
• Schürzen side armor is recreated in multiple parts to allow a range of different depictions.
• Parts are included to depict rubber-rimmed and all-steel road wheels.
• Belt-type parts make for a realistic and fuss-free recreation of tracks.
• Comes with 1 torso figure, 1 full body figure and 2 marking options for 219th Assault Tank Battalion vehicles.
• A Zimmerit coating sheet detail-up parts set dedicated to this model (Item 12673) is released simultaneously.