FMS Piper PA-18 Super Cub PNP - Now with Reflex Gyro Stabilization!
The Piper PA-18 Super Cub is a two-seat, single-engine monoplane. It was developed from the Piper PA-11. In close to 40 years of production, over 9,000 were built. Super Cubs are commonly found in roles such as bush flying, banner towing and glider towing.
As a relative of the popular 1400mm J-3 Cub, the 1700mm PA-18 Super Cub retains great flight characteristics while offering increased power and wingspan.
Thanks to its functional flaps, high-lift airfoil, rugged landing gear and oversized balloon tires- the 1700mm PA-18 Super Cub has impressive short take-off and landing (STOL) performance, allowing it to operate from just about any terrain.
Utilizing the latest FMS hardware and design, the 1700mm PA-18 Super Cub has pre-installed ball-link type pushrods, integrated servo connectors in the wing structure and can be assembled very easily using no glue at all.
For pilots wanting to get the genuine bush-plane experience, the PA-18 Super Cub can be equipped with floats.
Versatile, fun and exceptionally relaxing to fly- the 1700mm PA-18 Super Cub is a great addition to any fleet! Features:
- New 3-Axis Reflex Gyro and Accelerator Sensors!
- Powerful 3541-750KV Outrunner motor with Predator 45A ESC provides adequate thrust for any situation
- CNC metal landing gear structure for less-than-perfect landings
- 6.25-inch oversized balloon tires for all-terrain operations
- STOL capable (Takes off in less than 3m/10ft)
- Pre-installed navigation and landing lights
- Two-piece wing and horizontal stabilizer for easy transportation
- High-strength carbon fiber wing spars
- Integrated servo connectors
- Screw-together assembly
- Large battery bay
- Ball-linked pushrods for increased precision
- Tough two bladed Nylon propellers
- Functional flaps
- Optional floats and stainless-steel wing struts
In the new Reflex system there are three flight modes: Stabilized, Optimized & Off, which are designed for pilots with different skill levels. The Reflex functions help pilots more easily to operate and insist flying performance. Reflex System Overview:
3 Reflex Flight Mode Functions:
- Utilizes a high-speed 32-bit ARM processor onboard.
- Sensors: Solid-state 3 axis gyro and 3 axis accelerometer.
- Automatically recognizes SBUS/PPM/PWM systems, compatible with all radio systems with 4 channels or above.
- Easy operation: the Reflex system is programmed specifically for the aircraft it is connected to. No further programming is needed. The user only needs to connect their receiver to the gyro and setup the aircraft normally.
Reflex Stabilized mode:
- Stabilized, Optimized or off.
- This is controlled with a 2 or 3 position switch on the transmitter. When assigned to a 2 position switch, the Reflex system switches between stabilized and optimized modes.
- If the transmitter does not have adequate auxiliary channels, the included jumper should be used to change the control mode of the Reflex system.
Designed for beginners, Reflex will rapidly level the aircraft from any attitude when this mode is activated. Stabilized mode combines accelerometer and gyro data to determine how to level the aircraft when the control sticks are released giving pilots absolute peace of mind. Reflex OFF:
Turns off all gyro functionality, the aircraft is flown completely manually when the gyro is off. Reflex Optimized Mode:
Utilizing advanced solid-state gyros, the Reflex system maintains aircraft attitude by counteracting inflight upsets- from gusts to crosswinds. With Reflex, even small aircraft will fly with the confidence of something much larger! Specifications:
- Wingspan: 1700mm
- Overall Length: 1136mm
- Flying Weight: 2100g
- Motor: 3541-KV750
- ESC: 45A
- Servo: 6x 17g
- Rec Radio: 6 Channels
- CG (center of gravity): 80-85mm (From leading edge)
- Prop: 2-blade 12x7.5
- Recommended Battery: LiPo 14.8V 2200-2600mAh 4s 35C
- Aileron: Yes
- Elevator: Yes
- Rudder: Yes
- Flaps: Yes
- Retracts: No
- Approx. Flying Duration: 10-15 minutes
- Minimum Age Recommendation: 14+
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Assembly Time: 15 minutes
- Is Assembly Required: Yes
- Material: Durable EPO
- Requires: Radio System, Battery and Charger